The Binding of Isaac is one of the most well known rogue-like game series, with its origins stretching back to 2011. Since then, the game has garnered major fanfare, with the developers releasing many expanded versions of the game since. The “final chapter” has now been announced to be coming to Switch and PS5/4 later this year.
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance “takes the Isaac series to new heights of roguelike dungeon adventure, as the tear-shooting toddler descends deeper into the basement for his most incredible challenges yet.”
This version of the game, which has been described as the final chapter in the saga, “is packed with hundreds of insane new features and secret surprises that will delight both longtime fans and new players alike.”
The full list of new features and improvements include:
- A full alternate path with brand new chapters and a new final boss and ending
- True cooperative play for up to 4 players
- An impossible number of balance changes, visual and gameplay updates and fixes
- 130+ new items (700+ items in total)
- Many new item combinations with logical effects, new visuals and mechanics
- Two new playable characters
- 100+ new enemies, 25+ new bosses
- 7 new challenges, 5,000+ new room designs
- Surprises galore!
While the game will release on PC at the end of the month, those who wish to play on console will have to wait a bit longer. According to the developers, The Binding of Isaac: Repentance will release on PlayStation 4, 5 and Nintendo Switch sometime in Q3 2021. Currently, there are no details on whether the PS5 version comes with any specific next-gen enhancements, though considering the type of game Isaac is, there is unlikely to be too much of a difference between the versions – but we’ll have to wait and see. The physical edition of The Binding of Isaac: Repentance can be preordered right now for $59.99.
KitGuru says: What do you think of the trailer? What system will you buy it on? What is your favourite rogue-like game? Let us know down below.