Portable gaming is far more than carrying a GameBoy in your pocket in 2020. Now days almost everyone has a smart phone capable of running demanding games, but the biggest let down? The controls! Razer is looking to change that with the new Kishi controller. This controller clips onto your phone and turns it into a fully fledged portable console with great build quality. Is it worth £99.99? Let’s find out!
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Two clickable analog thumbsticks
- One 8-way D-pad
- Four face buttons
- Two triggers (L2/R2)
- Two bumpers (L1/R1)
- Three function buttons
- One status indicator light (charging)
- Dimensions: Height: 37mm, Width: 134mm, Depth: 94mm
- Weight: 265g
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Smartphone Charging: pass through via USB Type C port
- Fits most Android™ devices1 – for broad compatibility.
- Cloud gaming compatible – for AAA cross platform gaming.
- Clickable analog thumbsticks – for greater accuracy and tactile feedback.
- Low latency direct connection – for smooth control.
- USB Type-C charging port – to extend play times via pass through charging.
- Compatible with:
Epic Games, Fortnite, Netmarble, King of Fighters ALLSTAR (in game currency available upon reviewer request), Super Bit Machine, Armajet, Feral Interactive, GRID Autosport Pearly Abyss, Black Desert Mobile, Valve, Steamlink, Rainway, Microsoft Project xCloud, Google Stadia,NVIDIA GeForce NOW
- Product requirements:
Android™ Operating System: Android™ 8.0 Oreo 7.0 Nougat or higher.
- Supported dimensions: (Height: 145.3 – 163.7mm, Width: 68.2-78.1mm, Depth: 7.0-8.8mm
- Razer Phone 1 & 2
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/S9/S9+/S10/S10+/S20/S20+/Note 8/Note 9/Note 10/Note 10+
- Google Pixel 2/2 XL/3/3XL/4/4XL
- Other Android devices within supported dimensions
You can purchase the Razer Kishi, for £99.99 directly from Razer HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Small package to carry around.
- Easy set up.
- Great controls.
- Nice look and textures to the device.
- Great button feedback.
- Great range of good quality and free games to choose from.
- No sweaty hot hands messing up your phone and making it hotter while gaming.
- Huge game selection.
- No headphone port.
- Speaker holes one end.
- Doesn’t work with certain games.
- Not all phones fit – causing the controller to wobble on one side.
KitGuru says: If you already have a phone capable of gaming then the Razer Kishi is an excellent upgrade for your mobile gaming experience. Not all games are supported, however, but there are so many free games that are supported you’re sure to have fun!