There are a lot of people out there who would benefit greatly from purchasing an external hard drive as a form of storage for backing up their files and storing large media files. But the benefits of owning a hard drive docking station are constrained to a much narrower segment of the market.
Today we have the Akasa DuoDock 2S hard drive docking station on our test bench which lets you hook up two hard drives to your machine via a USB3.0 interface. Both hard drive slots support both 2.5″ and 3.5″ hard drives, making this product as flexible as possible. We will also be taking a look at Akasa’s USB3.0 two-port ExpressCard notebook adapter which lets users add USB3.0 functionality to their laptop without significant cost.
- Simple connection for 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA and SSD drives
- Takes two hard drives simultaneously
- Super speed USB3.0 connection
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Stylish blue LED illumination with on/off switch
- Dimensions: 120 x 140 x 73mm
- HDD Interface: SATA
- External Connection: USB3.0
- Max Data Transfer Rate: 5 Gb/s (USB3.0) and 480Mb/s (USB2.0)
- Power requirement: +12V DC
- Power adapter: 100 – 240V AC
- Plug & Play: Hot Swappable
- OS Support: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Max OSX 10.3+