Elgato knows that getting your audio setup just right can be one of the biggest headaches for streamers. They’re aiming to change that as the Wave is not just any old microphone, it’s a high-quality condenser microphone with its own unique mixing software built alongside professional sound engineers from LEWITT. It may not sound exciting at first, but it really is and we’re going to tell you why!
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- 17mm condenser capsule
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- 24-bit resolution
- 48/96kHz sample rate
- 70 – 20,000 Hz frequency response
- Sensitivity -25dBFS
- 120dB max SPL
- 115dB Dynamic Range
- USB C (included USB-C to USB-A cable)
- 5mm headphone jack
- Clipguard technology stops/minimises peaking before signal is sent to the PC
- Capacitive mute button
- Gain/Headphone/Mix controls via the selection knob
- LED indicators
- Stand included
- Metal boom arm adapter included
You can purchase the Elgato WAVE:3 from Overclockers UK for £159.95, HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Excellent audio quality straight out of the box.
- Included, metal threaded, boom adapter.
- Very good build quality.
- Excellent SM7B style mounting system.
- WAVE Link software is a breeze to use and packed full of features any content creator/streamer/podcaster needs.
- Capacitive mute button is ideal.
- Lightweight plastic design means even the cheapest boom arms won’t struggle to hold it.
- Desk stand causes vibrations and adds to unwanted noise (our advice is to buy a boom arm).
- Clicking in the selector knob causes excess noise.
KitGuru says: The WAVE:3 is much more than a microphone, it’s a full package. If you’re new to streaming or looking to upgrade your basic microphone/headset with a USB microphone then you absolutely NEED the Wave 3. We hope Elgato make a “WAVE” interface next for XLR microphones.