Today we are taking a look at the Katar Pro XT mouse by Corsair, as well as the MM700 RGB extended cloth gaming mouse pad. If you're in the market for a very affordable, no-frills wired mouse then the Katar Pro XT might be for you. Coming in at £34.99, we compare it to some key competitors like the Logitech G203… but how will it hold up?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Corsair Katar Pro XT Mouse
- Weight 73g,
- For fast-paced FPS or MOBA gameplay.
- Great for claw and fingertip grip styles.
- 18,000 DPI
- 1000Hz polling rate and 1ms response
- Optical Sensor: PixArt PMW 3391 optical sensor
- Dra Paracord Cable
- Durable Omron Switches: 50 million click Lifespan.
- Six Programmable Buttons
- Switch DPI on-the-fly
- Dynamic RGB Backlighting
- Build quality.
- Great for claw and fingertip grips.
- Good for high friction.
- Low increment DPI adjustments.
- Arguably a bit boring looks-wise.
- Can attract grease.
- Not so great for palm grip.
- High friction grip won't be for everyone.
- Not a lot of space on the back-end of the mouse.
You can purchase the Katar Pro XT from Overclockers UK for £34.99 HERE!
Corsair MM700 RGB
- Dynamic 360° Three-Zone RGB Lighting
- Compatible with CORSAIR iCUE software.
- Size: 930mm x 400mm (36.6” x 15.8”)
- Two Port USB Hub
- Button to control lighting options without the need for software
- Corsair iCUE software support
- 4mm-Thick Rubber Construction
- Twelve Onboard RGB Lighting Profiles
- Woven Textile Surface
- USB-C Connection: Easily connects to PC or power source via a detachable, reversible USB-C cable.
- Really nice feel and great quality.
- On-board button to change colours and software support.
- Two extra USB ports.
- Competitive price.
- Not IP rated.
You can purchase the MM700 Mouse Mat for £59.99 from Box HERE!
KitGuru says: The Katar Pro XT may not be a flagship model but for £34.99 you are getting a great performing mouse on a budget. If you like low friction grips or palm grip this really isn’t the mouse for you, but at such a good price it's hard to be too critical.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here