In the past year or so we have seen a number of component manufacturers such as Thermaltake and Cooler Master expand their product ranges into the gaming peripherals market. While some of these manufacturers have entered the market very quickly with a large range of gaming peripherals, Corsair has taken a more careful approach.
About a year ago, Corsair released the impressive HS1 headset which garnered critical acclaim including our own ‘Must Have’ award for the analogue version. Today we are going to look at one of the latest additions to their range, the Vengeance 1500, which is based on the existing HS1 headset. It boasts an impressive specification which includes 50mm driver units and virtual 7.1 surround sound.
- High-performance 50mm drivers – ensure accurate audio across the full range of frequencies.
- Optimized baffle and geometry – tuned for the most precise surround sound effects.
- Dolby Headphone – sophisticated processing simulates 5.1 channel sound (7.1 also supported).
- Circumaural, closed back – surrounds the ears for optimal comfort, and provides tight noise isolation of external sounds.
- Replaceable memory-foam earpads – memory foam conforms to the shape of you head, enhancing comfort and allowing you to play for longer.
- Unidirectional, noise-cancelling mic – you team-mates hear you loud, and clear.
- USB connection – allows for optimized sound processing and EQ mapping, to extract the best and most consistent performance from the 50mm drivers.
- Aggressive looks – a unique style that stands out from the crowd.