In this review we take a look at the Edifier Hecate GX Hi-Res Gaming headset. This headset works with a variety of games consoles and of course, your PC over USB. With a futuristic design and a promise of “hi-res audio” we find out today if this headset is genuinely worth the money, or just all ‘show'.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- New 50mm titanium diaphragm drivers
- Rolling volume control
- Retractable microphone
- RGB lights
- High-quality headband
- Soft leatherette ear cups
- 96kHz/24bits decoding
- Total immersion in-game/music mode
- Noise cancelling chip
- Three types of interfaces: compatible with PC and so on
- C/USB/3.5MM audio jack, compatible with PC, Smart Phone, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and other gaming devices.
You can purchase the Edifier Hecate GX Hi-Res Gaming Headset for £79.99 from Amazon
- Impressive hi-res audio quality for immersive gaming and entertainment.
- Ambitious futuristic design.
- Noise cancellation works well and blocks out my mechanical keyboard typing.
- Bright RGB LED.
- Includes 3 different detachable cables including USB C.
- Comfortable in spite of the 400g weight.
- The retractable microphone is low volume and in my opinion unusable.
- RGB only has 4 different colours, blue, red, green and pink.
- “Metal” looking elements on the headset are just cheap plastic coverings.
- If using 3.5mm none of the main headset features work.
- Volume roller, while nicely design is audible when wearing the headset.
KitGuru says: The Edifier GX Headset was so close to being a winner, but the poor performance of the microphone will be a deal breaker for some. The GX offers great sound quality via the 50mm drivers. If you have a decent USB or XLR microphone, the headset is worth considering as the audio quality of the drivers is stellar.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here