Alongside Halo Infinite, the team at 343 Industries are continuing to support the rest of the franchise’s titles through further updates to the Halo Master Chief Collection. The Winter update – which is live right now – brings with it some major improvements and additions, including Steam Workshop support.
Making the announcement on their blog, Alex Wakeford of 343i said “As 2022 comes to a close, we’ve got a new MCC update to share with you that's available today!” The update touches upon all aspects of the Master Chief Collection, from campaign to multiplayer and beyond. Some of the biggest changes coming with this update includes:
- Acrophobia and Bandana Skulls added to Halo 4
- Campaign moa collectibles added to Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 4
- Each week, a different subset of these collectibles are enabled
- Match Rejoin feature for Social and Ranked matchmaking.
- You have up until the match ends to rejoin
- If you were booted from the match however, you will not be allowed to rejoin
- Retroactive granting of Spartan Points
- Steam Workshop support for easy mod installation
It is truly interesting to see just how different Halo MCC is today when compared to the game’s launch all the way back in 2014, and with 343i showing no signs of slowing down support, who knows where the game will be at this time next year – or even on the collection’s 10th anniversary in 2024! The full patch notes for the Winter update can be found HERE.
KitGuru says: What do you think of the Winter update? Are you excited for Steam Workshop support? What more would you like to see 343i bring to Halo MCC? Let us know down below.