Some system builders will want to create a new PC with up to 7 hard drives, have it booting from an SSD with tool-free accessibility and yet won’t want to spend more than £55 for the experience. If that sounds like you, then BitFenix has been working on a case that might just fit the bill.
If you speak to BitFenix’s number one lady, Coco Lee, she will tell you that the BitFenix Shadow has been “Built on our ethos of clean design aesthetics paired with high end features in an affordable package”. Simple enough.
Looking back over the BitFenix launches that we’ve seen since the Colossus launched in September 2010, there is a clear diversity from one design to the next. At the same time, companies like Fractal have worked hard to create families of products.
Having seen the Comrade, Shadow and Colossus Micro ATX in rapid succession, we can sense a definite family vibe to BitFenix’s new cases.
With a claim that you can load 7 hard drives, and SSD and 32cm graphic cards into a tool-free chassis, this product is aimed at the more serious builder who would still rather spend money inside their case than on the exterior bling.
The feature set is interesting, with a few cool touches:-
- Selectable LED Accent Choose red or blue light, or turn the lights off with the press of a button
- Sleek and ModernWonderfully clean and uncompromisingly stylish
- Enhanced Hardware CompatibilityFits long graphics cards and tall CPU coolers
- Multiple Cooling OptionsFits up to four 120mm fans with two Spectre – Fans included
- Ample Storage CapacityInstall up to seven 3.5″ HDDs and one 2.5″ SSD
- Removable Dust FiltersFilters in front, bottom, and PSU area keeps system dust free
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0Two ports included for blazing file transfers and fast mobile device charging
- BitFenix SofTouchSurface Treatment
- Luxurious matte finish and soft feel
- Trouble free Installation Large CPU cooler cutout, cable management, tool free drive locking
In terms of basic specifications, we can see that the BitFenix Shadow offers:-
- Materials Steel: Plastic
- Colours (Int/Ext): Black/Black
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 190 x 440 x 506mm
- Motherboard Sizes: ATX, Micro ATX, Mini]ITX
- 5.25″ Drive Bays: x 3
- 3.5” Drive Bays: x 7
- 2.5” Drive Bays: x 1
- Cooling Front 120mm: x 2 (1 included)
- Cooling Bottom 120mm: x 1 (optional)
- Cooling Rear 120mm: x 1 (included) or 92mm x 1 (optional) or 80mm x 1 optional)
- PCI Slots: x 7
- I/O: USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2, HD Audio
- Power Supply: PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)
- Extras: SofTouch Surface Treatment, selectable red/blue LEDs, removable dust filters, tool-free drive locking mechanisms
Let us open up the packaging and flex the KitGuru photographic equipment.BitFenix Shadow Tower Case Review (Midnight Black),