There has never been a better time to purchase a sexy, svelte chassis for a new system build. You no longer have to pay a small fortune either as prices continue to drop and discerning customers keep demanding higher levels of build quality. Unfortunately in such a crowded marketplace it can be difficult to make the best decision for your particular demands. Has the product on test today got what it takes to stand out ?
We are looking at a chassis that has been on the market for many months, the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced. With recent price drops you can now pick it up for around £70 inc vat, a price that most people will find very affordable (it was originally £90 inc vat). This case is the follow up to the successful CM 690 which was released in 2007.
The CM690 II is a mid tower case which can support up to 10 fans with top or bottom mounted watercooling radiators. The drive bays are tool free and there is sophisicated cable management and CPU cooler support.
- Oversized front and top mesh design for superb ventilation
- Accommodates 120 x 240 mm radiator inside the top and bottom
- Dust-control filters for all meshed areas
- Front blue LED fan on/off switch
- Rear retaining holes for water cooling kit
- Cable managment and CPU retaining hole for easy maintainence