We recently looked at Be Quiet!’s flagship cooler, the Dark Rock Pro, and were impressed by the strong cooling performance and attractive appearance. Today, we are looking at one of their less expensive coolers in the Dark Rock range.
The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced CPU Cooler costs around £15 less than the flagship cooler, meaning it is available on the market for only £40. With this reduction in cost, Be Quiet has removed one of the heatsink stacks and one of the fans. Let’s see how it performs.
- The six three-dimensional moulded heat pipes work rapidly to transport the heat with the help of an oxygen-free copper layer (OFC) to the optimum point within the cooling lamellas.
- The single-tower layout with six heat pipes enables excellent heat dissipation within a small space.
Nice and quiet
- The 120-mm SilentWings PWM fan guarantees the best ratio of cooling efficiency to noise level.
- The wave-shaped contour of the cooling lamellas prevents noises and optimises the airflow.
- The fan surfaces are coated in dark nickel.
- The brushed, fully aluminium cover protects the cooling lamellas.
- The stable backplate ensures a shockproof attachment, even when transporting the computer.