Today we are going to take a look at the ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ motherboard which is their flagship FM2+ model. We recently looked at a Gigabyte’s flagship FM2+ motherboard – the G1 Sniper A88x and we were very impressed with the overall package.
ASRock have made quite a name for themselves in enthusiast circles over the past few years and we now consider them to be in the top three motherboard manufacturers.
Even though AMD’s FM2+ platform isn’t particularly popular with enthusiasts, ASRock have released this fully featured board … designed with overclocking in mind.
We are interested to see how the overclocking performance of the FM2A88X Extreme6+ compares with other motherboards we’ve tested in the past.
- A-Style : Home Cloud, Purity Sound™, HDMI-In.
- Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors.
- Premium Gold Capacitor Design, Digi Power, 8 + 2 Power Phase Design.
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2600+(OC).
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 x PCI.
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, 3-Way CrossFireX™, CrossFireX™ and Dual Graphics.
- Integrated AMD Radeon HD 8000/7000 series graphics in A-series APU.
- Multi VGA Output Options : D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort.
- Supports Quad Monitor with FM2+ CPU.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect.
- 7 x SATA3, 1 x eSATA, 6 x USB 3.0 (2 Front, 4 Rear), 8 x USB 2.0.
- Supports A-Tuning, XFast 555, X-Boost, Easy Driver Installer, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key.
a WordPress rating system