Sat at the top of ASRock's Z87 Extreme series line-up, the Extreme9/ac is designed to combine enthusiast and gaming performance into a single motherboard that can provide everyday usage. With a 12 phase power delivery design and support for 4-way graphics configurations via a PLX PEX 8747 PCI Express switch, ASRock's Z87 Extreme9/ac motherboard possesses features that will appeal to enthusiasts and extreme gamers.
But ASRock hasn't forgotten about ‘everyday' users who are after a high-performance motherboard. Up to 12 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA lanes, two Thunderbolt connectors, a high-end audio chip, and built-in wireless connectivity prove that ASRock is gunning for an impressive all-round motherboard with its feature-heavy Z87 Extreme9/ac.
Can the ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac motherboard deliver the overclocking performance and general ease-of-use that will make it a product worth purchasing in a cut-throat market?
- A-Style : Home Cloud, Purity Sound™, 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Supports 4-Channel, Dual-Port Thunderbolt™ Technology
- Supports 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Xeon® / Pentium® / Celeron® in LGA1150 Package
- Premium Gold Capacitor Design, Digi Power, 12 Power Phase Design, Dual-Stack MOSFET
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2933+(OC)
- 5 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x mini-PCIe
- AMD 4-Way CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™ supported by PLX PEX 8747 Bridge
- Rear VGA I/O: 1 x HDMI, 2 x Thunderbolt™, 1 x DisplayPort Input
- Intel® Dual Gigabit LAN with Teaming
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports DTS Connect
- 10 x SATA3, 1 x eSATA, 12 x USB 3.0, 9 x USB 2.0
- 1 x ASRock Wi-SD Box (Supports 4 USB 3.0 ports and an SD 3.0 card slot)
- WLAN : 1 x 802.11ac WiFi + BT v4.0 module, 1 x ASRock WiFi 2.4/5GHz Antenna
- Supports A-Tuning, XFast 555, Easy Driver Installer, FAN-Tastic Tuning, USB Key