ASrock have a huge variety of motherboards in their line up right now and they seem to be focusing on the lucrative 1156 market, with eight models currently on offer.
Today we are going to look at their latest board, the P55 Extreme4 which has a very impressive feature list, with particular emphasis being made on the 10 phase voltage regulator circuit (with ferrite chokes), four SATA 6Gbps ports (SATA3) and four USB 3.0 ports. The board also supports SLI/Crossfire and uses solid capacitors with an indepth POST Diagnostics display. Additionally it has some very helpful, automated overclocking options to aid the end user while supporting DDR3 memory up to 2600mhz.
- ASRock DuraCap (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2600+(OC)
- Supports ATI™ CrossFireX™ and Quad CrossFireX™; NVIDIA® SLI™ and Quad SLI™
- 2 x Front USB 3.0 ports, 2 x Rear USB 3.0 ports, 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors
- Dr. Debug, Smart Swith Design: Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- Supports ASRock Instant Boot, Instant Flash, OC Tuner, IES, OC DNA, AIWI, APP Charger, Good Night LED, Multi-Speed Fan Control
- Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), THX TruStudio Pro™ and Premium Blu-ray audio support
- ErP/EuP Ready
- Free Software : CyberLink DVD Suite – OEM and Trial; THX TruStudio Pro™ – OEM
- Free Bundle: 1 x ASRock SLI_Bridge_2S Card, 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel