When it comes to creating a quality motherboard very few manufacturers can match ASUS in regards to build quality, bios stability and overclocking capabilities. Today we are looking at their latest Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Motherboard, based around the Z68 platform with full support for Quad SLI and Quad Crossfire graphics.
This motherboard features UASP mode, which stands for USB Attached SCSI Protocol. Asus say “With USB 3.0 Boost technology, a USB device’s transmission speed is significantly increased up to 170%, adding to an already impressive fast USB 3.0 transfer speed. ASUS software automatically accelerates data speeds for compatible USB 3.0 peripherals without the need for any user interaction.”
The board also has Dual Intelligent Processors with DIGI+ VRM support. As with many of the higher end ASUS motherboards it has 12 phase power for the processor and 4 phase power for iGPU. Today we plan on testing the board in an overclocked state, after all many people buying this board will be doing the very same thing.
How does the P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3 Motherboard handle in an automated overclocked state? If you aren’t a bios expert is there an ‘easy one switch’ setting to improve performance significantly?
- Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM Digital Power Design
- UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode) – Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
- LucidLogix Virtu (Universal Switchable Graphics) – Auto Switching between Integrated Graphics and NVIDIA/AMD Cards
- Intel® Smart Response Technology – SSD Speed with HDD Capacity
- BT GO! (Bluetooth) – Diverse BT Enjoyment, New Technology Lifestyle
- GPU Boost – Push the Limits with iGPU Level Up!
- Quad USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s Support – Double Access, Double Convenience
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!