Another new year – and a raft of new hardware to analyse! Today are are looking at a new, high grade power supply from AeroCool. The GT-1050SG is a modular design which has achieved 80 Plus Gold Certification. The unit is very attractively designed and we will find out if the performance characteristics can match the eye catching appearance.
AeroCool are clearly trying to target the enthusiast user who has an eye for expensive sports cars. In Italy ‘GT’ stands for Gran Turismo, meaning a high performance sports car designed for long distance driving. The deliberate association with high performance cars is nothing new in the technology world, but have AeroCool got it right?
- Scheme “GT” designed for heavy use gaming PSU with luxury outlook.
- Compatible with ATX12V 2.3 and EPS12V 2.92.
- Low noise white 13.9cm fan with intelligent fan speed control.
- 80Plus Gold certified efficiency up to 90%.
- Smart modular cables with flat wires reduce the cable mess inside chassis and optimize air flow of your system.
- Two 12V 4+4/8pin CPU connectors support extreme high-end gaming and workstation motherboard by dual physical CPU units.
- Six PCIe 6+2pin connectors support 3-ways and Quad GPU.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PF>0.99).
- Extremely good voltage regulation (±3%) provides steady power input.
- Low ripple/noise DC output increases performance and decrease interference by clean power.
- High reliability: MTBF>120,000 hours.
- Low standby load meets ErP Direction 2013 version.
- Protections: Over Current(OCP), Over Voltage(OVP), Over Power(OPP), Over Temperature(OTP), Under Voltage(UVP), Short-Circuit(SCP), and Surge/Inrush current protections(SIP).
- Safety / EMI Approvals by CE, FCC, TUV.
- 3 years warranty.
a WordPress rating system