We don’t often need a 1500 watt power supply – actually most of our systems are probably consuming less than 300 watts under load. What if you are building a new mini or media system into a tiny, space restricted chassis and need some quality juice to power it? Today we look at something totally different from be quiet! – the TFX Power 2 300W power supply, designed for systems with low installation depth.
The be quiet! TFX Power 2 300W Gold power supply is a compact space saving design featuring strong dual 12V rails. The company include sleeved cables and offer the unit in two efficiencies – 80 Plus Gold and 80 Plus Bronze. We are looking at the higher grade, more expensive 80 Plus Gold unit today.
The TFX PSU form factor is much smaller than traditional ATX. A TFX power supply has to measure 85mm (W), 175 mm (D) and 65mm (H) – (compared to 150mm x 140 mm x 86 mm for standard ATX).
- Certified 80PLUS® Bronze and Gold efficiency (up to 87 / 91%).
- Strong dual 12V-rails for high stability and PCIe graphics support.
- High-quality temperature-controlled 80mm fan reduces system noise.
- Sleeved cables up to 65cm long, with 6-pin PCIe connector.
- Meets Intel C6/C7, ErP 2014 and Energy Star 5.2 requirements; standby draw less than 0.25 Watts
- Full suite of essential safety features.
- 2-year warranty.
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany.