Today we are looking at a high end power supply rated to deliver 1600 watts of power. The LEPA G1600 has been a successful high end product for parent company Enermax – so much so that they have not updated it since the original release in 2012. Available for around £250 inc vat, is this a power supply you should be considering for a new ultra high end system build?
The LEPA G1600 is an 80 Plus Gold Certified power supply and is a pure modular design. It has six +12V rails to cater to the highest power delivery possible and incorporates premium grade Japanese grade capacitors for long term reliability. The G1600 utilises a high density PCB to keep physical dimensions of the supply to only 18cm in depth.
For most people a 1,600 watt power supply is completely overkill – you don’t need this unless you are powering 4 or 5 graphics cards or two R9 295X2’s. Our recent review of the Overclockers UK Infinity Vesuvius system showed that it could demand close to 1,200 watts under load. A 1,500 watt or 1,600 watt power supply is ideal for a system such as this – which is probably why Overclockers UK fitted it with a Silverstone Strider 80+ Silver 1,500 watt unit.
- Powerful 1600W fully rated output, peak power up to 1700W
- Surpassing 80 Plus Gold level (G1600-MA is 80 Plus Gold certified.)
- Full Modular Cabling Design makes system upgrade and replacement easy
- High Density PCB Design makes G1600 only 18cm in depth, providing more space to dissipate the heat inside the chassis
- 135mm ball bearing fan with thermal programmed speed controller delivers silent, cool operation
- Honeycomb-shaped ventilation design increases airflow and keeps power supply cool
- Solid State Capacitors and 105°C Japanese Grade A Capacitors provide great reliability
- DC-to-DC Converter Design ensures system stability
- Full Bridge and Zero Voltage Switch (ZVS) topologies provide superior performance and reliability
- Dual Sided PCB design synergizes PCB layout
- Six powerful +12V rails with high maximum loads offer great compatibility with heavy-duty graphics cards
- Ability to run up to 4-Way GPU (SLI / CrossFire) and Dual CPUs together without difficulty
- Compliance with EU ErP Lot 6 standards (lower than 1W power consumption at standby mode)
- Over Power, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over Current, Over Temperature, Short-circuit protection provide great safety to your system
- ATX12V version 2.4 and EPS12V version 2.92 compliant.