Powercolor are one of a handful of graphics card manufacturers who are trying to create additional revenue streams by entering into the power supply marketplace. We took a look at their Extreme Series 1000W unit a few weeks ago and we found that Solytech based (SL-X1000EPS) unit actually delivered very impressive results.
Powercolor recently released two ranges, the modular Extreme Series and the non modular Gaming series.
The Extreme models are more expensive 80 Plus Bronze certified with 1000w and 850W units available. The Gaming Series is targeted more for the mainstream audience with standard 80 Plus certification with 600W and a 500W units available.
Today we are reviewing the 600w model.
- 80 Plus certified to deliver more than 80% efficiency
- ATX 12V V2.2/ EPS 12V 2.91 ready and backwards compatible with ATX 12V 2.01
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99
- Multiple Protection: Over-voltage and over-current protection, short circuit protection, under-voltage protection, over power protection
- Long lasting, Ultra-quiet 120mm fan double ball bearing fan with thermal control
- 105c High quality Japanese-made capacitors
- Sleeved Cable and Extra Length
- Crossfire and SLI support
- MTBF >100,000 hours at 80% load, ambient temperature at 25c