The Kingston HyperX solid state drive is regarded as one of the best performing drives on the market, featuring the latest Sandforce SF-2281 controller. Being an top-end drive, it has a high price tag to match which may not be affordable for some enthusiasts.
With this in mind, Kingston have released a new version of their HyperX drive, the 3K which features 3K NAND instead of the 5K NAND that features in the original HyperX SSD. Kingston claim that the performance difference between the two drives are very small. The change in NAND means that the new drive has less endurance and won’t last as long. But for the vast majority of users, the drive will still last a very long time.
The HyperX 3K SSD loads games and applications faster, increases frames-per-second for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. It has incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510MB/s and max random R/W 85,000/74,000 IOPS. HyperX 3K SSD features SandForce DuraClass™ technology to provide best in class endurance and to maximize life span and durability under the most intensive environments.
“Kingston is devoted to offering the best upgrade solution for every market segment. The new Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is specifically designed to meet the needs of budget-minded gamers, PC enthusiasts and Audio/Visual professionals looking for powerful upgrades.” said Krystian Jaroszynski European product Manager – USB, SSD & HyperX. “We are thrilled to offer a SSD that combines HyperX performance and Kingston quality at a lower price.”
Shipping in 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB capacities, HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek black and aluminium case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. It is available as either a stand-alone drive or in an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and free technical support. Pricing is detailed in the table above.
Come and see the Hyper X 3K SSD in action at the Gadget Show Live stand number C160. Kingston Technology collaborating with Zotac to show performance pc gaming.
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Components: MLC NAND (3k P/E Cycles)
- Interface: SATA Rev 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities1: 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Sequential Read/Write (SATA Rev. 3.0)2:
- 90GB – 555/510MB/s
- 120GB – 555/510MB/s
- 240GB – 555/510MB/s
- 480GB – 540/450MB/s
- Sustained 4KB Random Read/Write3:
- 90GB – 20,000/50,000 IOPS
- 120GB – 20,000/60,000 IOPS
- 240GB – 40,000/57,000 IOPS
- 480GB – 60,000/45,000 IOPS
- Max 4KB Random Read/Write3:
- 90GB – 85,000/74,000 IOPS
- 120GB – 85,000/73,000 IOPS
- 240GB – 86,000/60,000 IOPS
- 480GB – 75,000/48,000 IOPS
- Dimension: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Shock Resistance: 1500G
- Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C to 70°C
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score4:
- 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB: 60,000
- Power Consumption:
- 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.58 W (TYP) Read / 2.11 W (TYP) Write
- Warranty/Support: Three-year warranty with free technical support
KitGuru says: We look forward to putting this drive through it’s paces very soon!