Back at Computex during our time at the be quiet! suite, we came across the new Pure Base 500 chassis, an all new entry-level case. Now just a couple of months later, we are gearing up for the launch, with this compact ATX case set to come out in just a couple of weeks.
We already have a review unit in for the Pure Base 500, so we’ll be analysing it thoroughly in the very near future. For now though, we will run through some of the features you can expect. One of the big points here is the interchangeable top panel, which lets users choose between a perforated design for better air flow, or a low noise top panel with sound dampening material.
Other features include mesh ventilation along the front panel, front and bottom dust filters, five SSD mounting points and a removable 3.5″ HDD cage. Despite the compact size of this case, it can fit a 360mm radiator in the front, a 240mm in the roof and a 120mm in the rear.
Here are the full technical specifications:
- Dimensions (L x W x H in mm) – 450 x 231 x 463
- Weight (kg) – 6.95 (net) / 7.92 (gross) 7.53 (net) / 8.49 (gross)
- Case Type – Midi Tower
- Material – steel (SGCC), ABS plastic, tempered glass
- Motherboard support – ATX, M-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Front I/O – 2x USB 3.0, HD Audio (microphone + audio)
- Max. cooler height (mm) – 190
- Max. graphics card length (mm) – 369
- Max. PSU length (mm) – 258 / 225 (depending on position of the HDD cage)
- PCI slots – 7
- 3.5” bays – Up to 2 (2 included)
- 2.5” bays – Up to 5 (5 included)
- Preinstalled cooling fans (mm) / (rpm) – Front: 1x Pure Wings 2 140mm / 900 Rear: 1x Pure Wings 2 140mm / 900
- Optional, additional cooling fans (mm) – Front: 1x 140 / 3x 120 Top: 2x 140/120
- Radiator support (mm) – Front: 120, 140, 240, 280, 360 Top: 120, 240 Rear: 120, 140
The be quiet! Pure Base 500 should start shipping around the 17th of September. There are multiple version coming, with pricing as follows: £69.99 (Black), £79.99 (Black Window), £74.99 (Metallic Gray and White), £84.99 (Metallic Gray Window and White Window).
KitGuru Says: We will have a review of this case going up in the near future, so keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, what are your first impressions of the Pure Base 500?