Today we are going to take a look at the Kraken X60 which is NZXT's first attempt at a performance liquid cooler. Over the past few years there have been a number of different companies trying to enter the all-in-one liquid cooling market, following the success of Corsair and Antec. Companies such as Zalman, Cooler Master and now NZXT are all trying to make their mark.
It is quite easy for new companies to enter this market, as most of the products on offer are based on exactly the same technology from Asetek, the company that manufactured the original Corsair H50. As a result, the differences between most of the liquid cooling units can be attributed to the different fans bundled with each unit. That said, Corsair only use Asetek for their budget range and have a number of models based on CoolIT Systems technology.
It doesn't come as a surprise that the Kraken X60 is based on an Asetek design which differentiates itself by incorporating a 280 mm radiator, rather than the 240 mm model adopted by most of the competition. It's therefore very similar to the Corsair H110 which we reviewed recently, which was also based on an Asetek design, featuring a 280 mm radiator.
- World's first all-in-one 280mm cooler with capacity to mount up to four 140mm fans.
- High performance pump and copper block with interactive digital fan control.
- Integrated HUE controlled LED pump cap.
- Large tower support with extended 16″ tubing and premium black sleeved cables for a clean look and improved airflow.
- SATA power connector for easy installation and effortless cable management.
- Completed sealed system backed by a 2 year warranty.