Arctic is a Swiss-Founded manufacturer of computer cooling products. Specialising in CPU and GPU coolers, case fans and thermal compounds, they have extensive experience in the industry. Arctic have collaborated with leading graphics card brands such as HIS, Inno3D, PowerColor, VTX3D and Sapphire in the development of OEM cooling solutions.
In recent years, Arctic have branched out into other areas and now have a diverse range of products including audio/home entertainment, monitor stands and PC peripherals alongside their cooling solutions and thermal compounds.
Today, we will be looking at the latest addition to their range of CPU air cooling products – the Freezer 34 eSports DUO. Compared to more expensive Air coolers of late, the Freezer 34 is a compact design with four heat pipes and fifty-four fin configuration.
The Freezer 34 eSports DUO comes with two Bionix P-Series fans in a push pull configuration with a broad RPM range. When PWM signal is below 5%, the fans activate a zero-dBA silent mode and the cooler becomes passive.
Our review sample came with the understated black and white themed fans. The Freezer 34 eSports Duo can be supplied in various colours including red, green and yellow, so should suit many colour themed PC builds.
Currently available for as little as £30 from online retailers, the Freezer 34 eSports DUO is priced to suit budget builds and lower spec machines. With eSports branding on the box, this suggests Arctic are also aiming it at competitive gamers too.
Being in the budget price range for CPU cooling, can the Freezer 34 live up to its frosty name or will its thermal transfer melt away like the ice cubes in your gin and tonic on a summer’s day? We shall see…
- Compatible with Intel and AMD CPU sockets.
- Thermal coating and offset heat pipes for optimal heat dissipation.
- 0dB silent passive mode.
- Broad RPM range for high performance and quiet operation.
- PWM sharing technology regulates fan speed synchronously.
- Heat Pipe – Direct touch ø 6mm x 4
- Heatsink Material – Aluminium Fins x 54, Thickness 0.4mm
- Thermal Compound – MX-4
- Fan – 2 x 120mm, 200-2100 RPM (PWM) 0dB fan mode below 5% PWM
- Bearing – Fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Noise Level – 0.5 Sone
- Current/Voltage – 0.13A/12V DC per fan
- Recommended for TDP up to – 210 Watts
- Dimensions – 157 x 124 x 103 (H x W x D) with fans fitted
- Net Weight – 847g
- Socket compatibility – Intel 2066, 2011(-3), 115X, AMD AM4
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here