As the name suggests, the new SilverStone AR01 V3 is the 3rd iteration of the AR01 cooler from SilverStone’s Argon series, and this model is now part of the ASUS TUF Gaming Alliance – meaning it is not only compatible with the other products that form the Alliance, but it also sports a primarily black and yellow colour scheme which is pretty rare in today’s market.
Taking a quick look at the design and spec, it’s pretty obvious this cooler is not going to be surpassing custom watercooling loops, but with a budget-friendly price of £30 is it worth upgrading to from a stock cooler?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube HERE
- Model: SST-AR01-V3
- Heat Sink Material: 3 Copper Heat Pipes / Aluminum Fins
- Fan Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm
- Fan Speed: 600 – 2,200 RPM (PWM)
- Fan Air Flow: 70.65 CFM
- Fan Noise Level: 15 – 38 dBA
- Fan Connector: 4-Pin (PWM)
- Intel socket compatibility: Intel LGA 2066, 2011 , 1366, 1156, 1155, 1151, 1150, 775
- AMD socket compatibility: AMD AM4, AM3, AM2, FM2, FM1
- Heat Sink Weight: 420g (without fan)
- Heat Sink Dimensions (LxWxH) : 120 x 159 x 50 mm