To test the performance of the Corsair H110, we built a powerful Z77 based system to push the cooler to its limits. It features an Intel Core i7-3770K which was overclocked to 4.7 GHz using a core voltage of 1.3 V.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K
- Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
- Memory: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline 1333 MHz
- Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950
- Graphics Card (noise tests): HIS Radeon HD 5550 Silence
- Prime 95 (64-bit)
- CPUID Hardware Monitor
- Corsair Link V2.2.0
It is worth pointing out that our engineering sample Core i7 3700k which we use in these cooler reviews does run hot, compared to another 3770k sample we use in different reviews. You can expect your own results to be better at the same settings.