Over the last few driver updates from AMD, there has been one known issue lingering, causing black screen instances on RX 5700 users on occasion. With this week's latest update, that problem has now been fixed, while optimisations are also in place for new game releases.
The Radeon Software 20.4.2 driver is now available, adding in day-one optimisation support for the recently released Predator: Hunting Grounds and the upcoming Gears: Tactics, which releases on Tuesday.
The update also addresses a few other issues, including lingering black screen problems for Vega (while running [email protected]) and RX 5700 series GPUs, an odd system crash when using Edge to watch Netflix, among a few others listed below:
- XSplit may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
- Minor stuttering may occur when performing a task switch with performance metrics overlay open in some games.
- Overwatch may experience an intermittent crash while entering a game or during extended gameplay sessions.
- Radeon RX 5700 series graphics product system configurations may intermittently experience a display loss or black screen while gaming or on desktop with a limited number of displays.
- Radeon Software may experience an application crash when playing games with non-alphanumeric characters in the game title.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience an application crash with Microsoft Teams when hardware acceleration is enabled.
- An ‘Unable to get requirements’ error message may intermittently occur when viewing the Upgrade Advisor tab in Radeon Software.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay or Record Desktop enabled.
- Resolved an install issue where Error 1603 could occur when an installation prerequisite for Visual C++ was not correctly detected as installed.
Download Radeon Software, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Are you running the latest Radeon Software drivers yet? What has your experience been like so far?