We have reviewed many ARCTIC products in the last year, and today we are looking at their latest cooler, the Accelero Twin Turbo 690. As the name would suggest this is specifically designed for the current NVIDIA GTX690 flagship graphics solution. Is this worth the hefty $169.95 asking price?
The Accelero Twin Turbo 690 Cooler is designed to reduce the noise and drop the temperatures of the high end GTX690 and as the image above highlights, it is based around two large 120mm fans.
For the purposes of the review today, we need a ‘test' subject. We are using an ASUS GTX690, which you can buy from Overclockers for £839.99 inc vat.
There is no such thing as a ‘cheap' GTX690, but with prices up to £999.99 inc vat today, the ASUS GTX690 seems like somewhat of a bargain. Yes, I can't believe I said that either.
The specifications of this card are:
- Core Clock: 915MHz (GK104) x2
- Core Boost Clock: 1019MHz x2
- Innovative thermal design: Vapour Chamber (Quieter & Cooler than previous generation)
- Memory: 4096MB GDDR5 (2x 2GB)
- Memory Clock: 6008MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 512-Bit (2x 256-Bit)
- Processing Cores: 3072 (2x 1536)
- Bus Type: PCI-Express GEN 3.0 (Backwards compatible)
- Display Connectors: 3x Dual-Link DVI-I, & 1x Mini-Displayport
So we can already see that this cooler is improved on the reference solution. Can the ARCTIC Accelero Twin Turbo 690 outperform the ASUS solution?