Buying a new HD5970 or GTX580 is sure to clean out your bank account, and for the majority of people it is totally pointless. If you are in the market for a new high quality graphics card for a media center or 720p gaming system then the product we have for review today should certainly hit the spot.
For many people considering building a system, fan selection is very important – choosing the wrong products can make for a very noisy and painful mistake. If you don't want to take any chances, then a passively cooled card is the best option. Kitguru has already looked at Sapphires Ultimate Edition HD5670, and today XFX have sent several of their passively cooled HD5670's for review. This looks to be an ideal card for media fanatics who don't want to compromise with image quality.
Highlights of the XFX ATI Radeon 5670 HD 775MHz 1GB PCI-Express 2.1 HDMI
- ATI Eyefinity technology
- ATI Stream technology
- Designed for DirectCompute 11 and OpenCL
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT)
- Compliant with DirectX 11 and earlier revisions
- Supports Open GL 3.2
- 40 nm Process technology
- ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- ATI Avivo HD video and display technology
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay technology
- PCI Express 2.1 support