Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi) is the entry point for the Asus ROG range of Z490 motherboards that support Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake-S. The model name sounds like a minor upgrade from the Z390 Maximus XI Hero however the VRMs have been overhauled with an increase to 14 stages that are each rated at 60A… and that makes a massive difference!
Watch the video via our VIMEO Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Full Product Details for Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero (Wi-Fi) can be found HERE.
- Form factor: ATX
- Chipset: Intel Z490
- Socket: LGA1200 (for 10th Gen. Comet Lake-S)
- RAM: 4 DIMMs up to 128GB DDR4-4700MHz(OC) in dual channel.
- Graphics slots: 2× PCIe 3.0 x16 (supports 2-way SLI and 3-way AMD CrossFire).
- Expansions slots: 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 (supports x4), 3× PCIe 3.0 x1
- Storage: 3× M.2, 6× SATA 6Gb/sec
- Rear USB:
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
- 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- 2x USB 2.0
- Front USB:
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports
- 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Graphics output: HDMI 1.4b
- LAN: Marvell AQ111C 5Gb/sec + Intel I219V Gigabit
- WiFi/Bluetooth: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 + BT 5.1