We aren’t messing around today. Up for analysis is the latest flagship power supply from enthusiast favourite EVGA. Their new SuperNova 1600 P2 Power supply is a monster product designed for power crazy SLI and Crossfire systems. It is 80 Plus Platinum certified, fully modular, and incorporates the highest grade Japanese capacitors inside. The EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 is designed to deliver a staggering 1600 watts – which for 90% of our audience, will be completely overkill. This is not for the faint of heart, as the £275.99 inc vat asking price will testify.
The EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1600 Supply is a high amp single rail design (133A) and it incorporates a vertical, double layer main transformer to increase power output. EVGA claim this beast operates in ‘near silence’ most of the time so we want to put that to the test later in the review.
- Unbeatable 10 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- 80 PLUS Platinum certified, with 92% (115VAC) / 94% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
- Double Ball Bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
- ECO Intelligent Thermal Control Fan system (Zero Fan Noise < 45°C)