If you are the proud owner of a new high end SLI or CrossfireX gaming system, then you might be in the market for a powerful, future proof power supply. The product we are going to be looking at today will be of interest as it is 80 Plus Gold Certified modular design capable of outputting 1200W, with peaks up to 1300W. Is the SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W power supply good enough to be on your next shortlist?
The specification list for the Strider Gold 1200W is as good as we have seen in recent months. It is a pure modular design capable of generating 1300W+ peak power at 40c operating temperatures. The single 12V rail can deliver 100A and SilverStone claim a strict ±3% voltage regulation with low noise performance. Thankfully they have opted for a large 135mm fan to help keep noise to a minimum.
- 80 PLUS Gold certification with high efficiency 87%~90% at 20%~100% loading
- 100% modular cables
- 1200W (1300W peak power) 24hour fully continuous power output with 40℃ operating temperature
- Class-leading single +12V rail with 100A
- Strict ±3% voltage regulation and low ripple & noise
- Japanese main capacitors
- Silent running 135mm fan with 19dBA minimum
- Dual EPS 8pin connectors support
- Multiple PCI-E 8pin and PCI-E 6pin connectors support
- Support ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12V
- Active PFC