Sennheiser is well known for producing high-end audio solutions – we have even reviewed some of them. However it can also help you upgrade what you already have with its audio amplifiers. Take the product I am looking at today, for example. The GSX 1000 amplifier is designed to not only boost your gaming volume and audio quality, but give you virtual 7.1 surround sound too.
It comes with a number of interesting features, as well as a fancy volume control hub that sits neatly on your desktop. There is even some backlighting – though unlike a lot of peripherals out there at the moment, this one is not RGB compliant.
At £200 it is not cheap accessory and will need to do a lot to warrant using over built in sound cards or simply upgrading your headset – but that is what we are here to test.
- 7.1 Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine – Surround Sound reborn.
- Exceptional immersion – delivering outstanding audio performance in movies, music and games.
- Aluminium volume wheel and high-quality materials for long-lasting durability.
- Switch between your headset and speakers with the touch of a button.
- Adjust game and communication audio separately.
- Sidetone – adjust the loudness of your own voice in the headset.
- EQ settings – Story, music, eSports, Off/neutral.
- Peace of mind – 2-year international warranty.