OCZ Technology have been at the forefront of Solid State designs now for many years. They released their Vertex 3 drives which featured the Sandforce 2281 controller back in 2011. This was a popular drive among the enthusiast audience as it offered excellent performance characteristics at a competitive price point. The Vertex 3.20 is a re-engineering of the original design, now incorporating 20nm Synchronous Multi Level Cell (MLC) NAND flash. OCZ’s goal is to deliver higher performance in 2013, while driving down the price.
The OCZ Vertex 3.20 SSD is based around the second generation LSI-Sandforce SF-2281 SATA 6Gbps controller. The Vertex 3.20 is offered in 120GB and 240GB capacities with rated speeds of 550 MB/s read and 520MB/s write.
- Based on the award-winning Vertex 3 Series, built with leading-edge NAND flash to deliver a superior user experience and improved application performance compared to hard drives.
- Includes SandForce’s robust DuraClass™ features that work in tandem to deliver world-class SSD reliability, performance, and power efficiency.
- DuraWrite™ architecture optimizes the number of program cycles to the flash, effectively extending flash rated endurance by 20x or more when compared to standard SSDs.
- Advanced wear leveling and monitoring – optimized algorithms further extend flash endurance.
- Advanced read/program disturb management – safeguards against errant re-programming of cells during read and program cycles.
- Recycler – intelligently performs garbage collection with the least impact on flash endurance.