Today, we kick off another one of our custom build projects and this one is going to be very special indeed. Over the next two months, we will be working in partnership with AMD to create the ultimate PC for multitasking – a system capable of rendering huge 4K video files while the user is simultaneously relaxing by playing their favourite games, without compromising on resolution or frame rate.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
00:00 Introduction / hardware specifications
04:04 Component showcase
06:57 Cooling goodies from Corsair
10:24 The monster 1000D case!
16:07 Dual system layout discussion
20:15 Looking at the Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Gaming OC
If you’re wondering what kind of system can do all of this, it’s technically two systems but all housed inside one chassis. This isn’t a new idea, dual system cases have been around for several years. The difference with a KitGuru dual system is that not only will it perform great, but it will also have a unique look since we have various mods and customisations planned for the system during the project.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
- Motherboard: Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
- Memory: 64GB (8 x 8GB modules) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz C16
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Gaming OC
- Storage 1: 2TB Corsair MP600 Core PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD
- Storage 2: 4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5” SATA SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1600i
- Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 1000D
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- Motherboard: Gigabyte X570I Aorus Pro WiFi
- Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB modules) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 4000MHz C16
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Reference Edition
- Storage 1: 1TB Corsair MP600 Core PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD
- Storage 2: 2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5” SATA SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair SF750
- Pump/res: 2 x Hydro X XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combos
- Radiators: Hydro X XR7/XR5 480mm/420mm Water Cooling Radiators
- GPU Water blocks: Hydro X XG7 RGB RX 6900 Reference Edition / EK-Quantum Vector Master RX 6800XT/6900XT D-RGB
- Fittings: XF Hardline 14mm OD
- Tubing: XT Hardline 14mm Tubing — Satin Transparent
- System Fans: 18 x Corsair LL120 RGB, 12 x Corsair LL140 RGB
As well as working in partnership with AMD for this custom build project, we have also had some help from Corsair and Gigabyte. Both systems will be cooled by individual custom loops, so a separate loop for each system. The majority of the cooling hardware will be Corsair Hydro X, the system will be outfitted with multiple 480mm and 420mm radiators, dual pump/res combos, Satin Transparent Hydro X rigid tubing and up to thirty fans will be installed inside the chassis.
With all of those fans, it will be a challenge to make sure that the cabling looks neat. We also plan to create a full set of custom sleeved cables for both systems. Unlike some dual system cases, the chassis we are using allows for the installation of two power supplies so custom length and PET sleeved cables will be made from scratch. Other case mods will include a custom front panel, doing away with the glass front and making something that is more personal to the system and with an AMD theme.
We also plan to rearrange the chassis interior a little by removing the 3.5” drive bay cage and extending the PSU shroud to clean up the lines. Added to these case mods will be customisations of the cooling hardware and an AMD themed colour scheme running through the entire system using paints, hydro dipping, acrylic, LED lighting and I might even try my hand at custom vinyl wrapping some parts in this build too, so there will be plenty to look forward to.
Learn more about AMD:
Radeon 6000 series: https://www.amd.com/en/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series
Ryzen Threadripper: https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-threadripper
Follow AMD on social media:
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: What do you guys think of our plans for this build? Is a dual system super tower build something that interests you or do you like to keep your work and gaming systems separate? Make sure you keep an eye on the next video when the mods will begin!