If you have a limited budget then many of the high end systems we review on Kitguru are simply out of reach. Today we aim to redress this by looking at a budget oriented build from UK retailer ARIA. The Gladiator 6300 comprises a 6 core AMD processor, 8GB of 1,600mhz memory, Corsair power supply and an AMD HD7870 Tahiti LE graphics card. The asking price? A cool £499.99 inc vat. Is this THE budget system you need to be looking at this year?
The Gladiator system is designed for the enthusiast user on a very tight budget. If you aren’t able to make the time to build a system, or just don’t have the interest then ARIA are promoting the Gladiator 6300 as an ideal, low cost gaming system. Today we will test the system with a variety of synthetic and real world benchmarks.
It is worth pointing out that ARIA don’t ship the Gladiator 6300-HD7870LE with an Operating system installed, so you need to factor that into the cost and spend some time setting the system up after unboxing.
• AMD (Piledriver) FX-6300 Black Edition 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo Speed) Six-Core Processor.
• AMD Radeon HD 7870 Tahiti LE GDDR5 2048MB DirectX 11 Graphics.
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (2x4096MB) Dual-Channel Memory (32GB Supported).
• 500GB Hitachi SATA Hard Drive – OS, Applications & Storage.
• GIGABYTE AMD 760G Express Chipset Motherboard w/ 2x USB 3.0 Ports.
• 500W Corsair Builder Series 500CX 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply.
• ARIAnet Triton Black Midi Tower Gaming Case w/ Blue LED Fan.
• AMD CPU Cooler.
• Lite-On DVDRW Dual Layer SATA 24x DVD±R Rewriter (m-Disk Support).
• Onboard 2/4/5.1/7.1 Channel High Definition Audio.