With the launch of Radeon Software Crimson Edition, AMD embarked on a mission to deliver monthly driver updates to Radeon GPU users and so far, the company has been keeping on top of it, with new driver updates for almost every major game release this year. That isn’t slowing down during the holiday season either as a new driver has released today with support for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, while also adding CrossFire support for Titanfall 2.
The new Radeon Software 16.11.1 driver comes with optimisations for Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered. It also comes with some fixes for known issues that Radeon users may be facing.
Here’s the list of fixed issues that come in this driver release:
- AMD XConnect Technology will now allow Microsoft Office applications to migrate to iGPU on unplug.
- Flickering may be observed on some surfaces in a few maps or locations in Battlefield 1 in AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon R9 390 graphics series may experience a crash or application hang when running Unigine Heaven using OpenGL.
- The Radeon WattMan feature may intermittently display a Radeon Software popup error regarding Radeon WattMan for non-supported products.
- The Division may experience an application freeze or hang when running in AMD CrossFire mode after extended periods of play.
- OBS screen capture may stutter after extended periods of use while capturing video and watching or streaming content in a web browser.
However, do note that there are still some known issues present, including some crashing in Dota 2 with the Vulkan API enabled. There are some rare flickering issues with Overwatch in the main menu in CrossFire and FIFA 17 may freeze or black screen on launch on some laptop systems.
You can find the new driver, HERE. For Nvidia users, Driver version 375.70 has been out for a few days now and contains support for Dishonored 2, Call of Duty and Titanfall 2.
KitGuru Says: While I have dipped back into Call of Duty for Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3, I’m not really a big fan of what Infinity Ward is offering this time around so I’ll probably skip this year entirely. Are any of you guys planning on picking up Call of Duty this year? Will you be waiting for the Modern Warfare Remaster to go standalone instead?