Amazon has revealed how the announcements made at Gamescom affected pre-orders, revealing some interesting statistics. Overall, Wii U games rose the most despite Nintendo not holding a major press conference at the event, while one of the biggest games there, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, doesn’t even make an appearance on the top pre-ordered games list.
The Nintendo Wii U saw a 8.67 per cent increase in pre-orders, putting it ahead of the PS4’s 5.16 per cent increase. Despite the announcements made regarding Halo: The Master Chief Collection and the upcoming Halo 5 beta, the Xbox One only received a 2.81 per cent increase over all.
Amazon also gave a top ten list of the most pre-ordered titles during Gamescom week:
- Project CARS- 42.3 per cent increase.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider- 30.25 per cent increase.
- Bloodboune- 16.08 per cent increase.
- Hyrule Warriors- 11.77 per cent increase.
- Quantum Break- 10.77 per cent increase.
- Far Cry 4- 9.53 per cent increase.
- Assassin’s Creed Unity- 9.44 per cent increase.
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor- 9.03 per cent increase.
- Battlefield: Hardline- 8.81 per cent increase.
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS- 7.56 per cent increase.
The internet blowout surrounding the Tomb Raider sequel being a timed exclusive to Xbox clearly rose interest in the game. However, Microsoft’s announcement of a 1TB Xbox One bundled with the new Call of Duty game appears to have done nothing for the company, as it didn’t even make the cut.
Project Cars also appears to be on the rise, despite competition from upcoming racing titles such as, Drive Club, The Crew and Forza Horizon 2.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: The fact that the Wii U saw the most gains despite all of the announcements made by Sony and Microsoft shows that Nintendo’s failing console could see a turn around. Maybe Wii U sales will start picking up a healthy pace by this time next year. Are you guys surprised by any of the figures on the list? Have you pre-ordered a console or a game recently? I’m a little tempted by the Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle myself. That said, I’d like to own all three consoles at some point.