Treyarch is returning this year with Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, set to launch in November this year. This week at Gamescom, attendees had the chance to check out the game for themselves on the PC, with the developer giving a more detailed breakdown of what to expect from the final PC version.
While Infinity Ward shunned PC gamers a bit with Call of Duty: Ghosts, it is clear that Treyarch is taking the platform a lot more seriously.
Black Ops 3 PC features will include:
- 100% Ranked Dedicated Servers
- 2-Player Split Screen
- Seamless Game Controller Support
- Strong GPU scaling, SLI and Crossfire Optimizations, and 4K monitor support make the game look and run great at full 4K resolution
- FOV Slider
- Framerate Cap Slider
- Improved Text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
- Fantastic Steam Trading Cards – collect them all!
- Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)
We also have the game’s minimum system requirements ready to go:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
We don’t yet have a list of graphical features but Treyarch is working on it. Last year’s Advanced Warfare was surprisingly good on the PC and given that Treyarch is a fan-favourite studio with a reputation to keep, we should expect another solid PC game this year.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: While I’m not much of a Call of Duty player myself, I did really enjoy the Black Ops titles. Do any of you still play Call of Duty from time to time?