Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.0 dropped last week and this week brought in the launch of Phantom Liberty, the game's first and only major expansion. With all of the changes and new content added in this month, there were bound to be a few lingering issues. Fortunately, CD Projekt Red is off to a quick start, with the first Phantom Liberty patch arriving today.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.01 is now rolling out on all platforms, targeting some of the ‘most important' issues that have popped up so far. This primarily fixes issues with controls in certain scenarios, as well as a few other quest-related bug fixes.
Here are the patch notes:
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
CD Projekt Red confirmed this week that Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 and Phantom Liberty will be the last major updates to the game with no additional content planned. There will still be bug fixes along the way but at this point, CDPR is turning its attention towards future projects, which will be developed using Unreal Engine 5 rather than the company's own RED Engine toolset.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Have you been revisiting Cyberpunk 2077 this week for the new expansion? How are you finding the game so far?