Just a couple of weeks ago, Bethesda announced that the next Fallout 76 expansion, Steel Dawn, would release on the 1st of December. Thanks to a slip-up last night, the expansion went live early on the Xbox version of the game. As a result, Bethesda has decided to just release the expansion early for all platforms.
Rather than reverting the Xbox One version of Fallout 76 to its pre-update state, Bethesda is releasing Steel Dawn early for all platforms. Starting today, Fallout 76 players on PC, Xbox and PlayStation can experience the new Brotherhood of Steel questline and other improvements.
Here are some of the highlights from the game's new patch:
- Ad Victoriam!: The Brotherhood of Steel is back! Explore the first chapter of their story, meet new characters, visit new and updated locations, and unlock rewards as you experience the all-new Steel Dawn questline.
- Head Underground: Flex those creative muscles by building out your very own instanced interiors with our first three C.A.M.P. Shelters.
- Gear Up: Complete Steel Dawn quests and take on Daily Ops to earn new weapons and armour that are straight from the Brotherhood arsenal.
- Don’t Just Survive, Thrive!: We’ve removed all negative effects from Hunger and Thirst. Instead, you’ll receive buffs that increase based on how well fed and hydrated you are.
- Save Those Atoms: (Coming December 1) Already have some of the items in an Atomic Shop bundle? No problem! Bundle prices now lower automatically if you already own any items they contain.
The full patch notes detail some of the other minor changes, like the ability to fast travel to Fort Atlas for free, new C.A.M.P. features and a pretty big change to hunger/thirst – removing penalties for hunger/thirst and adding buffs for keeping on top of that.
KitGuru Says: Did any of you get back into Fallout 76 after the Wastelanders update earlier this year? Are you going to be jumping back in to spend some time with the Brotherhood of Steel?