Marvel’s Avengers has been out for a couple of weeks now and while many have had plenty of fun with the game, bugs have been a lingering issue. Fortunately, Crystal Dynamics is continuing to squash those issues, starting with patch V1.3.0, which fixes ‘over 1,000’ issues.
These fixes run the full gamut, from bugs and crashes within the campaign, issues with matchmaking/multiplayer, art and animation fixes, combat fixes, UI fixes and more.
The patch notes are massive for this update, for anyone most concerned about the campaign/Avengers Initiative, here are those specific bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where A-Day would not progress if the player started the campaign from the War Table after selecting Avengers Initiative first.
- Fixed infinite loads when reloading the game during “The Light that Failed” and “To Stand Alone”.
- Resolved bad save states for an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where a strongbox in “House Call” was sometimes not usable.
- Fixed an occasional bug with the bridge in the mission “House Call” that prevented progress. This should also fix bad save states.
- Fixed an issue where Pause and Character menus were blocked during “Testing… 1, 2, 3”.
- Fixed an issue where you would be teleported out of world when attacking the boss between fight phases in “To Stand Alone”.
- Fixed an issue where steps 1 and 2 of the “A Global Offensive” mission chain were not tracking properly.
- Fixed an issue where combat would not progress when defeating both Assault Adaptoids at the same time in “By Force of Mind”.
- Fixed a hole in geometry in “Dogs of War”.
- Fixed an where players could fall out of bounds in “Along came a Spider”
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck inside geometry in “Rocket’s Red Glare” after enabling the teleport to space.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes an enemy could be stuck behind a closed door during “Task at Hand”.
- Fixed an issue in “Bad Blood” where the Final cinematic would sometimes not play audio.
- Fixed an issue preventing “Interrogation Anxiety” from being completed. This should also fix bad save states.
When it comes to multiplayer, there is a reduction in the cooldown period after leaving a strike team, fixes an issue where the UI would say “searching for heroes” incorrectly and other issues. Graphical problems and animation glitches have been touched on. Motion blur can now be completely disabled and combat will feel less buggy, with super hero moves getting extra attention as well as enemy AI. You can find the full list of patch notes, HERE.
KitGuru Says: I’ve been slowly making my way through the campaign and while I’ve had fun, there have been a number of bugs and the experience isn’t always as smooth as I’d like. Hopefully this patch will be a big step towards fixing all of those problems. Are many of you currently playing this? Or are you holding off while early issues continue to be found and fixed?