The Star Wars: Battlefront beta kicks off on Thursday, with the final release scheduled for next month. Those looking to pick up the game can now see if their rigs meet the requirements as DICE has revealed the recommended and minimum specifications for the PC version of the game over on Origin.
The minimum system requirements include an Intel Core i3 CPU, 8GB of RAM and either a GTX 660 or an AMD Radeon HD 7850. A 64-bit OS is required and the game will take up 40GB of hard drive space in total.
The recommended specifications include:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10 or later
- Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
- Memory: 16GB RAM
- Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
- Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
- Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
- DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
- Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
The game itself uses the Frostbyte engine, so users should expect performance similar to the most recent Battlefield games. Chances are if you can run those well, you’ll be fine here.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: These system requirements seem reasonable enough and the Frostbyte engine is optimized quite well on the PC. A lot of our readers are sporting decent rigs too. Are any of you planning on playing Battlefront this week?