Today in an unexpected announcement, Rockstar announced GTA+, a new subscription program for Grand Theft Auto Online. The announcement comes shortly after the latest Grand Theft Auto V re-release, with the game now available on Xbox Series X/S and PS5.
GTA+ will be available starting from the 29th of March and will provide members with access to $500,000 monthly in-game cash, plus other unlockables, like special vehicle upgrades, and bonuses for completing missions.
In the first month, running from March 29th to April 27th, GTA+ members will receive:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
Based on the wording of the blog post, it sounds like membership rewards could change on a month to month basis. Currently, GTA+ is only available for the new PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of Grand Theft Auto Online. The subscription will cost you $5.99 USD per month, or regional equivalent.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: GTA Online is almost ten years old and Rockstar has impressively found a new way to monetise the game. Is GTA+ something that you would subscribe to?