Hauppauge are well known for producing a wide range of TV tuners and accessories for both PC and Mac. At the Gadget Show Live yesterday, they launched their latest product, the Broadway 2T which lets you stream TV to your wireless enabled device, either over Wi-Fi or over the internet.
The Broadway allows you to redirect your home TV and personal video content to your iPhone, iPad, netbook, notebook or Mac computer anywhere in the world. When mobile, your TV and content is accessed via your web browser. No third party apps or additional purchases are needed.
Yehia Oweiss, Hauppauge Digital’s Vice President of Sales EMEA says: “We have designed the Broadway 2T to be easy to use. It directs your home TV or other connected video signals LIVE from YOUR home to your iPhone or iPad device that can access an internet browser, anywhere in the world,” continued Oweiss. “Connect the Broadway to a good TV source at your home and take that digital picture quality anywhere (via 3G or WiFi). Whether you are in a café in Paris or in the departure hall in Las Vegas, your home TV is always with you. This brings a whole new dimension to the personal TV experience.”
The Broadway 2T offers an environmental advantage, because it does not need to be connected to a PC. The Broadway is 802.11n wireless and features two built-in Dual DVB-T tuners to provide direct access to the device from your iPhone, iPad or mobile device via the web browser. In addition, the latest H.264 codecs ensure it is less demanding on the battery life of your mobile device. The Broadway 2T has an SRP of £229 inc. VAT but can be purchased exclusively from Scan Computers, Stand No. G1, at the Gadget Show LIVE for a special show price of £159.99 inc. VAT. Limited stock available.
Bridging the Gap between TV and the Internet
- Connect wirelessly.
- Send Live-TV or video signal feeds via internet to host device.
- Sophisticated MPEG-4 H.264 hardware compression.
- Integrated 802.11n WLAN for wireless streaming of television signals to host device.
- No additional software (app) required – including iPod and iPad.
- Control your home content; schedule recordings, play pre-recorded content.
- Audio/Video input to turn iPad or iPhone into remote surveillance solution by connecting analog camera.
- Android Smart Phones and Tablet support in Q2 2011.
KitGuru says: A very useful product that we look forward to testing fully sometime in the near future.