At KitGuru, we love our books. Call us old fashioned, but there is nothing quite like sitting in the early hours of the morning, chilling out with a good thriller. Especially if like Zardon, you don’t seem to need to sleep much at all.
The Kindle 3 is our favourite right now, but we have been waiting for the new Barnes and Noble Nook Color (‘Colour’ to the Uker’s). We haven’t been quite sold yet on the point of making a book reader support full colour, but it certainly has been catching the headlines.
ZDnet have posted a first look at this sexy new device and they seem to have walked away impressed with the implementation and overall quality.
The specifications for the Barnes & Noble Nook include the following:
- 7 inch VividView LCD color capacitive display with IPS and support for 16 million colors
- Android 2.1 operating system
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Mono speaker
- microUSB port
- 8GB internal memory for approximately 6000 eBooks
- microSD card slot for expandable memory options, up to 32GB
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Dimensions of 8.1 x 5.0 x 0.48 inches and 15.8 ounces
It also supports many formats including
From Barnes & Noble, Fictionwise & eReader
- EPUB (Non or Adobe DRM)
- PDB (Non DRM)
- Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Graphics: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Audio: MP3 and AAC
- Video: MP4
Check out the review over here, it is well worth a look.