Today we are looking at the new product from ADATA – the DashDrive Air AE400. The AE400 can interact with your PC and mobile devices to stream data from SD memory cards and USB storage media via wireless technology. It is also equipped with a power reserve which can charge mobile devices.
This is not the first wireless enclosure to reach our offices. Kingston released the Wi-Drive, a high grade unit incorporating flash memory. We reviewed the Patriot Gauntlet Node Portable 2.5 inch device back in December 2012 and it proved popular with a wide audience.
The ADATA DashDrive Air AE400 differentiates itself from the crowd by offering slightly different functionality. Firstly, while there is no storage onboard it can be used as a portable, wireless SD card reader, it can also stream files and media to multiple devices. For those people who travel regularly and may be concerned about their mobile phone battery failing, the DashDrive Air can also be used as a mobile charging platform with a hefty 5,000mAH battery onboard.
- Ports: Micro-B USB (data transmission & battery charging), USB AF (host port for UFD/portable HDD or Power Bank function), SD card (for SD/SDHC/SDXC).
- Battery: Li-Polymer 5000mAh rechargeable battery.
- Power Bank: 5000 mAh.
- Temperature: Operating 0~50°C; Storage -20~60°C.
- File system compatibility: FAT32/exFAT.
- Operating System Compatibility: iOS 5.0+ / Android 2.3+ Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS X 10.x+ / Linux 2.4+.