Today we are looking at not one, but two peripherals from Adata and its XPG gaming line. We delve into the Primer mouse, with a PBT shell and several RGB zones, coming in with an RRP of £39.99. We also check out the Precog gaming headset, with connectivity options for anything you could think of, and a RRP of £129.99. Let's find out whether or not these are worth buying.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Interface: USB Type A
- Switch: Omron with 20-million clicks rating
- Resolution: 400/800/1600/3200/6400/12000 dpi
- Dimension: 126 x 65.6 x 37.9 mm/4.9 x 2.58 x 1.49 in
- Weight: 98g ± 5%
- Acceleration: 50G
- Report Rate: 250/500/1000 Hz
- Lighting Effect: Color Wave, Breathing, Static, Off
- System Requirement: Windows 10/8/7
- Voltage: 5V
- Current: 220mA
- Cable Length: 1.8m
- Certification: CE/FCC/BSMI/KC/VCCI/RCM/EAC
- Warranty: 2 years
You can purchase the Adata XPG Primer mouse for around £42, from Amazon, HERE!
- Nice braid on the cable.
- Looks great with the bright RGB.
- Buttons are clicky.
- Good for all grip types really.
- Doesn’t attract grease.
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- Specs are not bad for the price.
- The mouse feels plasticky and has rough edges.
- Not especially light.
- Mouse wheel has little resistance.
- Nothing really stands out.
- Color Black with Red Stitching
- Headset Weight 362g
- Dimensions (LxWxH) 69 x 237 x 198mm
- Warranty 2 years
- Drivers Electrostatic/dynamic dual-driver
- Frequency Response 5 Hz – 50,000 Hz
- Impedance 32Ω±15%
- Sensitivity 102±3dB/[email protected]
- Mic Noise Canceling Technology ENC (Environmental Noise Cancellation)
- Mic Directivity Cardioid/Unidirectional
- Mic Frequency Response 20Hz – 20,000 Hz Mic Sensitivity -38db±1.5db
- Interfaces USB type C / 3.5mm Audio Modes (USB) Music mode / Virtual 7.1 mode / FPS mode Lighting Effect Red LED on/off Type-C Wired Controller Cable Length 1.3m 3.5mm In-Line Wired Controller Cable Length 1.25m Type A to C Extension Cable Length 1.25m Y-cable Splitter Cable Length 1.36m
- Accessories : Carrying case Type-C wired controller w/ DSP sound card 3.5mm In-line wired Controller Type A to C Cable Y-cable splitter
You can purchase the ADATA PRECOG gaming headset for around £80, from Amazon, HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Lots of cable choices.
- Nice hard-shell case.
- Nice visual and tactile textures.
- Headset lights up.
- 3.5mm sound was great for music.
- The mic is good quality.
- No lights when using 3.5mm cable.
- Cups are not really that thick.
- The fit wasn’t that great around my ears.
- DSP sound card was disappointing and also gets a little warm with use.
- Couldn’t really get a good sound for gaming.
- Volume dial was temperamental.
KitGuru says: The PRECOG headset is OK all round, the dedicated DSP soundcard was disappointing in terms of sound quality but the Hi-Res Audio-certified 3.5mm option was great. The Primer mouse will get the job done and it does have a good sensor, but the rough edges and an overall budget design left us wanting more.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here