Razer has just released the Razer Basilisk V2 with new cutting edge technology. The original Basilisk impressed us when we reviewed it in 2017, but V2 boasts new optical switches, the updated 20,000 DPI Focus+ sensor with ‘99.6% resolution accuracy', as well as 11 programmable buttons. Is this a worthwhile upgrade if you still own the original model?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- True 20,000 DPI Focus+ optical sensor with 99.6% resolution accuracy
- Up to 650 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration
- Advanced Lift-off/Landing distance customization
- Eleven independently programmable buttons
- Replaceable multi-function paddle
- Razer™ Optical Mouse Switches rated for 70M clicks
- Ergonomic right-handed design with textured side-grips.
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel with infinitely customisable resistance
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment (Default stages : 800/1800/4000/9000/20000)
- Hybrid On-board and Cloud Storage (4+1 profiles)
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled
- 1 m / 7 ft Speedflex cable
- Approximate size: 130mm / 5.11 in (Length) x 60mm / 2.36 in (Grip Width) x 42mm / 1.65 in (Height)
- Approximate weight: 92 g / 3.3 oz (Excluding cable)
You can purchase the Razer Basilisk V2, for £79.99 directly from Razer HERE!
- Amazing sensor technology especially with the new intelligence functions.
- Really tactile clicks and scroll wheel.
- Ergonomic design is comfortable for all grips.
- Scroll wheel resistance adjuster.
- Inset DPI buttons makes it hard to accidentally press them when scrolling.
- The reduced weight of the new version may put some people off.
KitGuru says: There is a lot here for the price and this mouse is pleasing to the eye and hand. If you want cutting edge technology this mouse ticks the boxes.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here