One of the toughest markets to compete in these days is gaming accessories. Where once upon a time Razer stood alone, now there are dozens of companies vying to be the gamer’s number one choice when they go into battle. KitGuru has just taken delivery of a gaming headset from a new brand called Gamdias. Is it a sound investment?
While we’re always happy to see new brands, the market is congested, so the first thing to consider is where has this headset been positioned?
The yardstick for positioning is a combination of featureset and price. In a nutshell, the Gamdias Hephaestus is retailing around the £70 mark and they have surround sound and some intelligent rumbling technology.
That puts it between the CM Storm Sirus 5.1 Gaming Headset at £58 and the Asus Vulcan Pro at £89 – both of which feature high quality construction and surround sound audio. More importantly, the Speedlink Medusa NX is only £50 with a similar featureset.
- Cable Length: 2.5m
- Dimension(LxWxH): 232 x 100 x 216 mm
- Frequency range: 20 ~ 20KHz
- Plug type: Gold-plated USB plug
- Sensitivity: 117dB + / – 4 dB at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Driver diameter: 40mm
- Driver magnets: NdFeB
- Driver membrane: N/A
- Microphone size: 6.0 * 5.0mm
- Microphone Sensitivity: -46dB + / – 3 dB
- Maximum input power: 100 mW
- Microphone frequency range: 100 ~ 10KHz
- Microphone impedance: 2.2 K Ohms
- Vibration unit frequency range: 20 ~ 200Hz
- Vibration unit sensitivity: 82dB + / – 4 dB
- Vibration unit impedance: 8 Ohms
- Vibration unit maximum input power: 1 W