Deepcool, known best for its CPU coolers, case fans and cases, has decided to start making peripherals – and today we're looking at the company's new mouse, the MG510. This wireless gaming mouse offers some great features but at £66.99 here in the UK, it's taking on some established peripheral giants that have been making mice for decades. Is it worth considering? Or should you stick with what you know?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
01:10 Unboxing and overall design
02:00 Sizing and grip
02:30 Battery indicator and RGB
02:49 USB Cable lock / underside / construction
03:33 Weight and programmable buttons
04:07 Scroll Wheel – lighting modes
04:48 Side Buttons
05:00 Button sound test – underside buttons
06:05 Battery life / auto power off
06:50 Sensor and lift off tracking
07:26 Real world use
09:03 Closing thoughts
- Sensor: PixArt 3370
- 1mm Lift off Distance
- 400 IPS tracking speed
- 50g max acceleration
- Resolution: 19,000 dpi
- Buttons: 6
- Switches: Omron D2FC Mechanical (20m clicks)
- 1.8m USB 2.0 C to A low drag paracord cable included
- Connection: 2.4GHz wireless or wired
- Lighting: RGB
- Weight: 83 grams (was 86 on my scales)
- Dimensions: 124 (L) x 65 (W) x 39(H)mm
The Deepcool MG510 retails for £66.99 and is available from on Amazon HERE.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Feels great in the hand.
- No issues with latency or jitter in wireless mode.
- The safe design will appeal to most users.
- Side grips are comfortable.
- RGB is minimal and makes the mouse look quite sleek.
- Clicky and fast primary buttons.
- Friction-free paracord cable is great for wired mode.
- Software is well made and easy to use.
- Teal colour underneath may be unappealing to some.
- 86 gram weight could be too much for some.
- Cheaper options available from competitor brands.
KitGuru says: Although Deepcool is a newcomer to the peripheral space, the MG510 is a very solid offering. The performance, design and feel overall make for a great gaming mouse that is well worth buying.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here